The UG (B.Sc. (Research)) Program admissions for international students has been approved by academic senate of IISc in January 2019. The details of the UG program can be found here. Frequently asked question about UG program can be accessed here. The candidates might be eligible for scholarship as per the institute norms and fees will be similar to general candidates (details about fees can be found here).
- Candidates, who hold non-Indian passports (OCI card holders have to apply under regular admissions, not considered as International students)
- Candidates, who have completed their II PUC / 12th Standard (or equivalent) between 2014 to 2019 and those, who are expecting to complete their II PUC / 12th Standard (or equivalent) in 2020 are eligible to apply. The candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects during their II PUC / 12th (or equivalent) Standard.
Candidates, who have studied Biology, Statistics, Electronics, Computer Science, etc., in addition to Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are also eligible to apply. The candidates must have secured a first class or 60% or equivalent grade in the II PUC / 12th (or equivalent) Standard examination.
- The medium of instruction for II PUC / 12th (or equivalent) Standard should have been English.
Shortlisting of candidates that qualified(s) in one of the following national examinations:
- KVPY-SA [appeared in 2018]
- KVPY-SB [appeared in 2019]
- KVPY-SX [appeared in 2020]
- (IIT) JEE-Main: Appearing in 2020
- (IIT) JEE-Adv: Appeared in 2019 or Appearing in 2020
- NEET-UG: Appeared in 2018/2019 or Appearing in 2020
- SAT: Appeared
in 2016/2017/2018/2019 or Appearing in 2020
The shortlisted candidates will be interviewed (either skype or personal) by an admission committee for drawing the final merit list. The interview dates will be in the first week of October 2020.
The decision of the admission committee is final and binding.
- Application Form (available only online): The online application may be prepared and submitted by accessing the link below:
https://admissions.iisc.ac.in/international/ from September 11 to 30, 2020. There is no application fees.
- You are required to have the following scanned/digital copies for completing the application form
You will also require details of national exam (as given in above section) either appeared or appearing.
- Scanned copy of Passport size Photograph (size less than 2 MB in an image format)
- Scanned copy of signature (size less than 1 MB in an image or PDF format)
- Clear Scanned copy of photograph page of passport with details like passport number and nationality clearly spelled out (PDF or image), size less than 10 MB.
queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org