Procedure (2 steps):
The decision of the admission committee is final and binding.
Applications opening date: January 13, 2020.
Applications closing date: March 10, 2020 by 11:59 PM IST [Extended date]
Interview dates: March 15-25, 2020
Declaration of Results: April 5, 2020
Start date of the Program: July 20, 2020
1. I looked at the eligibility for the M.Tech. course programs, they mention B.E./B.Tech./M.Sc., the degree currently I am possessing/pursuing is not B.E./B.Tech./M.Sc., so what should I do?.
It should be equivalent to B.E./B.Tech./M.Sc., which essentially means post 10+2 (high school), if the qualification is B.E./B.Tech. that means you should have major in the subject area mentioned and duration of your bachelors program should have been 4 years. If the qualification is M.Sc. that means you should have major in the subject area mentioned in the master’s program and duration of masters program should be for 2 years, which is preceded by 3 years bachelor’s program.
2. Is having standard test score compulsory for the M.Tech. course program?
Yes. If you do not have standard test score, please consider applying for the research program.
3. What will be the fees structure for the M.Tech. course program?. Will I receive scholarship/stipend per month?
Currently, the total fees will be around Rs. 29,200/- (subjected to change as approved by the Dean) for one year of study excluding hostel. In case you want to avail the hostel (student accommodation), an additional amount of Rs.45,000/- (Rupees Forty Five Thousand only) should be paid, Rs.20,000/- towards refundable hostel deposit and Rs.25,000/- towards advance payment of Mess and Room Rent for first five months.
All admitted M.Tech. course program students will receive a scholarship/stipend of Rs. 12,400/- per month.
4. I am having technical difficulties in filling up application form, whom should I contact?
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. What is the difference between M.Tech course and M.Tech. (Research) program?
M.Tech.(research) is a thesis based degree program with a strong research component (it was earlier known as M.Sc. (Engg.) program), where as M.Tech. course program is a degree program that is by course work with a project dissertation. The duration of M.Tech. course program is strictly 2 years. The duration of M.Tech. (research) is between 1-3 years with average duration being 2.5 years. Also M.Tech. course program along with eligibility degree program, it requires the applicant to have standard test scores (GRE/GRE Subject/GATE)
6. Will TOFEL/IELTS will be considered as standard test score?
No. But, If you have valid TOFEL/IELTS score, please add that information in the application.
7. Can I apply for both Course and Research Admissions?
8. Is there an application fees?
It is waived for international students.
2019-2022 Office of International Relations, IISc, Bangalore