The decision of the admission committee is final and binding.
Applications opening date: February 14, 2022
Online Interactive Session: February 23, 2022- 3.30 PM to 5.00 PM.
Applications closing date: March 24, 2022
Start date of the Program: August 2022
1. I looked at the eligibility for the research programs, they mention B.E./B.Tech./M.Sc., the degree currently I am possessing/pursuing is not B.E./B.Tech./M.Sc., so what should I do?.
It should be equivalent to B.E./B.Tech./M.Sc., which essentially means post 10+2 (high school), if the qualification is B.E./B.Tech. that means you should have major in the subject area mentioned and duration of your bachelors program should have been 4 years. If the qualification is M.Sc. that means you should have major in the subject area mentioned in the master’s program and duration of masters program should be for 2 years, which is preceded by 3 years bachelor’s program.
2. Is having standard test score preferred for the research program?
Yes. It is only preferred (not mandatory).
3. What will be the fees structure for the research program?. Will I receive scholarship/stipend per month?
Currently, the total fees will be around Rs. 32,600/- (subjected to change as approved by the Dean) for one year of study excluding hostel. In case you want to avail the hostel (student accommodation), an additional amount of Rs.45,000/- (Rupees Forty Five Thousand only) should be paid, Rs.20,000/- towards refundable hostel deposit and Rs.25,000/- towards advance payment of Mess and Room Rent for first five months.
All admitted research program students will receive a scholarship/stipend. For M.Tech. (Research), it is Rs. 12,400/- per month. For Ph.D., it is Rs.31,000 for first 2 years and Rs.35,000 from 3rd year till end of 5th year
(subject to passing the comprehensive exam)
4. I am having technical difficulties in filling up application form, whom should I contact?
Please contact: email@example.com
5. What is the difference between M.Tech course and M.Tech. (Research) program?
M.Tech.(research) is a thesis based degree program with a strong research component (it was earlier known as M.Sc. (Engg.) program), where as M.Tech. course program is a degree program that is by course work with a project dissertation. The duration of M.Tech. course program is strictly 2 years. The duration of M.Tech. (research) is between 1-3 years with average duration being 2.5 years. Also M.Tech. course program along with eligibility degree program, it requires the applicant to have standard test scores (GRE/GRE Subject/GATE)
6. Will TOFEL/IELTS will be considered as standard test score?
Yes, TOFEL/IELTS both are considered as a standard test, however are not mandatory but preferred for admission into research programmes.
7. Can I apply for both Course and Research Admissions?
8. Is there a separate application for M.Tech. (Research) and Ph.D. programs?
No. They both are considered as part research program, it will be same application. The department while interviewing candidate might decide on what program is best suited for the student.
9. Which Departments offer M.Tech. (Research)?
The programs and eligibility is available here. Under each tab, (for example if you see under Electrical Communication Engineering (EC)), the research programs are listed (for EC case it is Programme: Research [Ph D / M Tech (Research)]). Only those departments which have M.Tech. (Research) listed will offer M.Tech. (Research).
10. Is there an application fees?
It is waived for international students.
2019-2022 Office of International Relations, IISc, Bangalore