The mid-term PhD Program admission for international students at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore for March 2021 session is now open. The details of available programs and eligibility are available here. The candidates, who get admission, will be eligible for scholarship and fees structure similar to General candidates (details can be found here)
Procedure (2 steps):
The decision of the admission committee is final and binding.
Applications opening date: November 02, 2020
Online Interactive session for prospective students: November 23, 2020
Applications closing date: December 18, 2020 by 11:59 PM IST
Interview dates: December 25, 2020-January 08, 2021
Start date of the Program: Revised date: February 22, 2021
For any queries, please contact: email@example.com
1. I have a M Tech/ ME/ M Des/ M Sc(Engg)/ [MBA or MS or PGDBM or PGDCA (post BE / B Tech)] / M Sc (Tech)/ M Arch/ M Pharm/ MBBS/ M Agri/ M V Sc degree. Should I appear in any of the entrance test for admission to the Research program?
You are eligible to apply for the Research program without appearing in any entrance test. You will be shortlisted for an interview based on your performance in the Master’s degree indicated above. Weightage will be given to those students, who have cleared any of the entrance tests either in the current year or in previous years. Also, weightage will be given to those who have publications.
2. Is having standard test score preferred for the research program?
Yes. It is only preferred (not mandatory).
3. Which Departments offer PhD (Research)?
The programs and eligibility is available here. Under each tab, (for example if you see under Electrical Communication Engineering (EC)), the research programs are listed (for example under EC, it is Programme: Research (Ph D).
4. I wish to apply for 3 departments. Should I apply through a single application or should I fill in three separate application forms?
One application form is sufficient to apply to 3 departments in the Research program.
5. Is there an application fee?
There is no application fee for international students.
6. What will be the fees structure for the research program? Will I receive scholarship/stipend per month?
Currently, the total fees will be around Rs. 36,637/- (subjected to change as approved by the Dean) for one year of study excluding hostel. In case you want to avail the hostel (student accommodation), an additional amount of Rs.45,000/- (Rupees Forty Five Thousand only) should be paid, Rs.20,000/- towards refundable hostel deposit and Rs.25,000/- towards advance payment of Mess and Room Rent for first five months.
All admitted research program students will receive a scholarship/stipend. For Ph.D., it is Rs.31,000 for first 2 years and Rs.35,000 from 3rd year till end of 5th year
(subject to passing the comprehensive exam)
7. What is the duration of the Ph D program?
A Minimum of 3 years and a maximum of 6 years.
8. I am having technical difficulties in filling up application form, whom should I contact?
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
2019-2022 Office of International Relations, IISc, Bangalore