The UG (Bachelor of Science (Research)) Program admissions for international students has been approved by academic senate of IISc in January 2019. The details of the UG program can be found here. Frequently asked question about UG program can be accessed here. The candidates might be eligible for scholarship as per the institute norms and fees will be similar to general candidates (details about fees can be found here).
Shortlisting of candidates that qualified(s) in one of the following national examinations:
The shortlisted candidates will be interviewed (either online or in-person) by an admission committee for drawing the final merit list. The interview dates will be around the first week to the mid of June 2022. (may vary)
The decision of the admission committee is final and binding.
For any queries, refer to the FAQ below or please contact: email@example.com
1. What are the eligibility requirements for admission into the Bachelor of Science’ Program at IISc?
Please refer to the Eligibility section above
2. Which subject groups are mandatory at the II PUC/12th STD level for admission to the UG program at IISc?
The Bachelor of Science (Research) Programme is open to students of PUC/12th standard whose main subjects include Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (all three). Students who have studied Biology, Economics, Electronics, Computer Science, Statistics, etc., should also have taken Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
3. What are the different modes of applying to the programme?
Candidates must apply on-line. Online application may be prepared and submitted by accessing IISc-OIR website: http://oir.iisc.ac.in . Please refer to the Instruction manual for Application at this document.
4. Is SAT/ACT a qualifying exam for the entrance into undergraduate program for International students.
Yes, apart from the merit lists of the national level entrance exams such as KVPY, IIT-JEE (Main and Advanced) and NEET, International students looking forward to apply for the Bachelor of Science (Research) Program can take SAT/ACT exam.
5. What is the cut-off score for SAT/ACT to get the admissions in UG Program at IISc?
There is no set cut offs. The cut off scores for various qualifying exam, at IISc varies every year depending upon various factors like availability of seats, reserve categories, number of candidates applied, etc.
The cut off lists are made available online (generally released after all qualifying exams declare their result) on IISc website.
6. What are the types of SAT exam one has to take up to qualify for the UG admissions?
Both SAT and SAT Subject Test scores are required for application; the essay part of SAT is not required.
7. Is there an application fee for applying?
There is no application fee for International Students.
8. Is there an NRI quota?
No, there is no NRI quota for admissions at IISc. The candidate has to either qualify for International admissions or regular. For OCI card holder, kindly refer to the eligibility section.
9. Are OCI candidates considered as International students?
Please refer to the eligibility section.
10. I am having technical difficulties in filling up the application form, whom should I contact?
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
11. I do not qualify for the International category, how do I contact the regular IISc admission cell?
You may contact the Dean, Undergraduate Studies (email@example.com) or the Assistant Registrar (Academic) here.
2019-2022 Office of International Relations, IISc, Bangalore